Yes, you read right! Hollywood isn't through bombarding theaters with remakes of classic '80s movies. There are over twenty movies adored by millions from the '80s that are about to get a major overhaul. The problem is that Hollywood execs adore repetition. If a movie has a strong following - they believe that it can only get stronger if they do everything all over again. WRONG!
The constant barrage of remakes is starting to get a little bit tiresome. Past '80s film remakes include reboots of classics such as Conan the Barbarian, Fright Night, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, Piranha, The Karate Kid, Clash of the Titans, Arthur, The Thing, Fame, Footloose and Red Dawn.
Remakes such as RoboCop and Short Circuit have scripts and are already in production. Here's a list of '80s movies about to be remade.
- War Games
- Honey, I Shrunk the Kids (You'd think Disney would be trying to spend all it’s time exploiting Star Wars)
- Porky's (Apparently American Pie didn't fill the void)
- The NeverEnding Story (Though it never ends... apparently it does start over)
- Three Men and a Baby
- Flight of the Navigator (At least Pee-Wee is still available for the spaceship's voice)
- Police Academy
- Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure (Really???)
Bottom line is that Hollywood needs to stick to new ideas. Films such as Battleship, Argo and Looper were good and intriguing. Hollywood needs to stop trying to recreate movies that were and still are GREAT.
|< Prev||Next >|
The Coolest 80's Stuff
We Are Listener Supported
We are a listener and user supported online radio station/website. The time spent on 80s Mixed is a labor of love, but we think it’s RAD when people show their support! Click to donate below.